France.fr Arabic website kick-off meeting (21/01/2019)
France.fr is the new Arabic website, designed to inspire visitors and trigger desire to travel and enjoy experiences across France and its territories.
France Ambassador to Qatar, Franck Gellet, and Atout France’s team, the national French tourism development agency, have launched France.fr the Arabic website dedicated to tourism in France.
On the occasion of a press conference held on the 21st of January in Doha, HE Ambassador Franck Gellet, emphasized the latest services launched over the past year in Qatar to provide more comfort for the traveller.
“The French Embassy in Qatar, and its partner CAPAGO MENA, the official visa application center, are dedicated to make the process of visa delivery easier. New services, such as the France-Visas Portal in English and Arabic, VIP lounge at CAPAGO center in Al Jaidah Square, delivery of your passeport directly to your house or work, are there to facilitate the procedures. A mobile biometric system to collect applicants’ fingerprints from their office, home or travel agency have been launched for the first time in Qatar.”
An average of 30.000 Qataris visit France every year. The number of Qataris visiting Paris has grown 30% in 2018, reaching more than 18.000 Schengen visas delivered for France. In addition, 14.200 visas have been issued for foreign residents living in Qatar last year.
With the goal of welcoming 100 million tourists to France by 2020, the Arabic version of the website has been developed to increase interest from the Arabic-speaking region.
France.fr is fully adapted to the Arabic speaking traveler. The content takes cultural nuances and traditions into account. Social Media platforms are now also available in Arabic to inspire and encourage followers to share their experiences. User-friendly and optimized for mobile consumption, the new website contains content and information on tourism in France, hotels, restaurants, things to do, culture and heritage, events and museums.
“Digital innovation is at the heart of our marketing initiatives and we have placed a significant focus on content creation, curation and distribution of the content on France in a number of languages to remain truly connected to people around the world. The website’s aim is to boost France’s appeal as a touristic destination, improving its ranking as a top travel destination for the Arab traveler,” explained Karim Mekachera, Regional Director of Atout France in the Middle East.
We are pleased to offer a local language domain for all Arabic speaking travelers who can now benefit from a localized platform providing more relevant content to help them prepare for a great trip,” Mekachera added.
Key features of the website include:
- 1. Before you Set off or خطط لسفرك: A section entirely dedicated to travel information including customs and visa, transportation, accommodation, geography, climate and many more practical pieces of information.
- 2. Things to do الأنشطة : Viewers of the site can learn about the outstanding cultural attractions accessible for visits, such as taking hikes amongst the peaks, romantic tours or family cruises.
- 3. Places to go الوجهات: The section of the site creates awareness of the vast numbers of locations that can be visited, including the Alpes-Mont Blanc to Normandy, Provence to the Loire Valley, and from Paris to Tahiti. The site has information on more than 30 destinations that are ready to be discovered.
- 4. Happening now in France الآن في فرنسا : A page dedicating to sharing news on festivals, exhibitions, concerts and major events, everywhere in France, showcases how there’s always something going on in the country. This page is great for visitors to check on activities and schedule them during their trip.
- 5. An interactive map: The website now includes an interactive map element that is fully responsive to give a rich experience across the platform.
To further enhance user experience, the developers of the website will be gathering and studying consumer feedback to continuously improve and update the website. Updates will also be released including new content specific to the market including shopping, halal food, luxury accommodation and more.