French Medical Specialization Program 2017 Call For Application Residencies, Deadline March 16th 2017
The program of cooperation between France and Qatar regarding the specialization in France of Qatari physicians is based on the excellence of both the physicians who will be trained and the French training. The added value of the specialization training program in France is based on the fact that physicians work as practitioners in a patient-centred organization while receiving top-level teaching. Qatari doctors are given rights as the French residents, but they are expected to have the same obligations, which mean that their willingness to commit to the program, according to the French rules, is highly expected. Conditional to their successful completion of the required exams, Qatari doctors will obtain the exact same specialization degree (French national board) as French physicians.
Dentists and other medical professions are not included in this call for applications.
- - To be a Qatari citizen,
- - To be a medical doctor employed by Qatar government,
- - To be less than 33-year-old
Knowledge of the French language is not required at the time of application even though it is a plus if it is there and it needs to be mentioned in the statement letter.
As part of a patient-centred program in France, Qatari doctors will speak in French with their colleagues and with patients when they are in France. Thus, a B2-level is requested at the time they start their residency at the hospital, with no exceptions.
To attain the B2-level at the start of the residency program, the candidates may benefit from a one-year intensive French course in a French language centre selected in collaboration with the Qatari permanent representation at UNESCO in Paris.
All the medical specialities (list is in annex) are available, except the following specialities:
- - Family Medicine,
- - Emergency Medicine,
- - Forensic Medicine,
- - Work Medicine,
- - Plastic Surgery,
- - Medical Gynaecology.
Applicants should also take into consideration that very few positions are offered in the following specialties:
- - Anatomical pathology,
- - Dermatology,
- - Ophthalmology,
- - Otorhinolaryngology,
- - Paediatrics,
- - Paediatric Surgery,
- - Urologic Surgery.
Please note that once physicians have been selected for this program and enrolled in a medical school, they cannot ask for a change of geographical area. They will be selected for a specific speciality in a specific geographical area.
Qatari physicians will not be allowed to stay in France to practice as specialists at the end of the program and will be required to return to Qatar. They will be highly expected to keep and sustain closed relationships with France and to participate in the Qatari network of doctors trained in France.
Applicants must also be aware that the years already spent in Qatar in any speciality will not be taken into consideration and that they will have to enrol in a full residency program.
- - Registration form
Download the 2017 Registration Form for medical specialized training program in France (Word. 55.5 ko)
- - Letter of motivation / statement letter
- - Curriculum vitae / resume
- - Degrees including medical degree certificate, certificate of completion internship, and other relevant certificates,
- - Grade transcripts
- - Letters of recommendations / reference letters
- - Any additional relevant information (e.g. international school for the kids…)
- - Copy of the passport
Applicants can also provide any document which could represent an added value to the application such as a document from the employer/sponsor which stipulates their own interest to support the application in a specific specialty.
Applicants are asked to pay particular attention to the letter of motivation (statement letter) which is very important in the process of selection: this letter stresses in particular the motivation to go to France and to commit to the French Qatari program of cooperation.
The statement letter should include:
- - description of the applicant,
- - the reason why he/she has chosen this particular medical speciality and why France
- - the needs in his/her hospital and/or in Qatar regarding this specialty
- - his/her expectations from the French residency program regarding his/her professional objectives,
- - his/her professional future when returned back to Qatar,
- - Additional information the applicant considers useful to support his/her application such as his/her current level in French language.
Note that incomplete files will be systematically rejected. If a file is not complete, the applicant will not be contacted to complete it. Every element has to be sent in the application email.
- - Electronic documents (registration form in word format and for other documents, if possible, in PDF format) will be sent to the following e-mail address:
- - The subject of the email shall be : Application 2017/ QATAR / Your name
DEADLINE: MARCH 16th,2017
The procedure of evaluation of the applications will be carried out under the umbrella of the French Qatari commission as follows:
- - Each application file will be assessed by French experts in the required specialty,
- - Two lists will be published on the website of the French Embassy in Doha, a primary list of candidates straightaway accepted for the residency program in France and a reserved list of candidates
- - The candidates on the primary list will have 15 days following their official acceptance by the Commission to accept or decline their assignment
- - An official letter of acceptance will allow selected candidates to seek for sponsors or to finalize their official application (usually 6 to 8 weeks are required). The applicants are recommended to apply for their visa before having the letter of acceptance.
- - With their financial guarantee, candidates will also be able to apply to a French language centre with the support of the Qatari UNESCO office in Paris (see point 2. French language),
- - Selected doctors are highly encouraged to begin French courses in Qatar during the period dedicated to complete the administrative questions with their sponsors and to obtain the visa. It will be very helpful a get a A2-level before going to France,
- - The maximum deadline to begin intensive French training in France is January 1st 2018; all candidates will be declined after that term,
- - Applicants who were not accepted will not be informed individually (the list of selected people is the reference),
- - Residency program begins in November of each year (November 2018 for those who need intensive French courses to obtain the requested B2 level).
Physiotherapy and rehabilitation
Radiodiagnostic and medical imaging
A – Diplomes d’Etudes Spécialisées :
B – Diplomes d’Etudes Spécialisées Complémentaires:
Maxillo facial surgery
Face and neck surgery
Orthopedic and traumatology
Cardiovascular and thoracic surgery
• Public and social health
• Gynecology-obstetrics except medical gynaecology
• Medical biology